Where are we going!

Welcome

This blog is for all you back home to be able to easily follow me on my mission and read about all my adventures. I will try to keep this as up to date as possible with pictures and stories. I can't wait to share this wonderful experience with you. I hope you enjoy.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Ok so I am doing good. Today has been all over the place trying to get stuff ready to go.
flight plan: for Monday March 8th 2010
LV: salt lake 8:20am
AR: dallas 12pm
LV: dallas 2:15pm
AR: miami 5:50pm
LV: miami 9pm
AR: buenos aires 8 am

So I assume I get there on their time zone so I don't know what time it will be in AZ when i have these layovers but I will for sure call in the morning before my first flight and we can figure it out.I am sorry to say Elder Johnson has been delayed from leaving to Argentina. He has to stay in the MTC an extra week and then serve in a local mission until his cast comes off. So a couple months. This last week I finished the Book of Mormon again and it was great! There was so much new stuff I learned and my testimony was really strengthened. I am now trying to transfer my marked scriptures in English to my Spanish scriptures. We had the TRC this week and it was really good. Our "Investigator" said he really felt the spirit and even committed to baptism. I am super glad for the time I have had here and all the things I have learned but I am definately glad to be getting out there to Argentina. One thing I am really gonna miss are my companions. They are pretty super bomb. We just work so well together. i hope I have companions like them in the field. We taught the new missionaries a lesson in english and it was super good. i found that since i know the lessons in spanish it is so much easier to give them in English too. I made some crazy cool British friends. They are Elder Deeley and Elder Loynes. They are pretty much hilarious and going to Greece. Just super cool Elders. I have played volleyball pretty much everyday since being here and have actually gotten pretty good at it. This last saturday We had the RC. It was probably my hardest time being there. I felt like I was just screwing up whenever I was talking to anyone and it was just bad. i started to get kinda upset but then Hermano Stanfield shared with me again Ether 12:27. I really learned from it. I was being shown my weakness so I could humble myself and come unto Christ. It was a really good experience. So I will try again this next saturday and hopefully with help i will do good. If any of you ever get a chance you should watch music and the spoken word by the MoTab. it is super great and really brings the spirit. This week they had a great one with a chinese childrens choir. We had Stephen B Allen speak to us again about being careful when we get out into the field. Its starting to get really nice outside so we do a lot of studying out there. Its way better then being stuck in a room all day. Yesterday we had a health and safety meeting that was ridiculous. Some old guy telling us what to do in a lot of doctor words and yeah. he explained how to boil water and measure how fat you are based on your belt. he also said If you get bit to call Salt Lake and they would tell you if you had rabies or not ha ha ha. wow. ok so i have my flight plans. I leave and 8:20 in the morning on the 8th. I have a layover in dallas and one in florida then straight on through to Buenos Aires. but I dont get there till 8 the next morning. well thats about it for this week. Next week I will be writing from Argentina. Love you all!
Love,
Elder Day

Just a side note: He didn't say how he was going to get to Salta, so that will be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment