Where are we going!

Welcome

This blog is for all you back home to be able to easily follow me on my mission and read about all my adventures. I will try to keep this as up to date as possible with pictures and stories. I can't wait to share this wonderful experience with you. I hope you enjoy.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

April 5, 2010


Josh on railroad tracks....Not a good Idea! They had to out run a train a few weeks back..Glad he ran long distance in High School!Josh and his Companion (Trainer)
Wow busy as always ha ha. I definately missed that great easter meal. all i got was peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Thanks for your support as always. ok about the week

Tuesday was my comps 21st birthday! we sang him happy birthday and that was about all he got ha ha. Then we went and did service. We broke down a whole wall and prepared it to be re-built. Tuesday night I had to go to Floresta with our zone leader for divisiones. I worked all of wednesday there and thursday morning until i was runited with my companion. I learned a lot and had my first day of knocking doors all day long and not getting into a single one. I have to admit it was difficult but it made me much more happy to be working in the area that i am. We have this one part member family that the rest want to be baptized so we are working with them to set up a date. By the way i have a walmart here that i can go to like once or twice a month. Its not as good as in america but it still has lots of nice things. Its the only one in the mission. But anyways we made a visit to there this week. We taught our investigator Jorge the last lesson he needeed before his baptisimal interview and he told us of how his whole life he has felt God has been preparing him to receive this gospel and follow in the way of Christ. He is just one of those super prepared people. On sunday he went to conference and had his interview. We are going to baptize him and Olga this saturday. Jorge asked me if I would baptize him. I feel so honored. I cant wait till saturday. I still dont know if me or my comp are gonna baptize Olga. Saturday all of the elders from my apartment so four of us packed up and went to floresta for the weekend. We watched all the sessions of conference there and worked in that area in between sessions. I am so glad we have a prophet to listen to and guide us in the way of the Lord. Sunday was good. Sad because I couldn´t enjoy a delicious meal with my family for Easter but good cause I was at conference. Today we went as two whole zones so like 50 elders to TafĂ­ del Valle. Its this little town way up in the Andes and jungle that you can buy all sorts of recuerdos. Don´t worry eventually you guys will all get something cool from me. but the town was super pretty and i got to buy a couple things. We got back and had an appointment and yeah. But this week has been pretty good. Super eventfull i can´t even remember everything but really good. Oh i made an asado and cooked all this meat here and it turned out really good. Yeah I know im a master cook ha ha. Thats about it for this week. love you all.
Elder Day


No comments:

Post a Comment